This post assumes you’ve honed in on the fact you want to use the Genesis Framework on your website – awesome! What comes next? Do you need a custom theme or will one of the existing StudioPress themes work right out of the box?
With dozens of child themes available from StudioPress, it is tough to figure out which one is best for your website. By going through the questions here, you can narrow down the search a bit.
So, how do I pick the best StudioPress Theme?
Are you a photographer, designer, or freelancer wanting to show off your portfolio? These themes are ready to show off your creative side:
- Agency Pro Child Theme (this isn’t “billed” as a portfolio site, but I think it’s great for highlighting photography)
- Ambiance Pro Theme
- Expose Child Theme
- Modern Portfolio Theme
- Showcase Pro Theme
Are you a food blogger or restaurant? There’s no question about it. You need one of these:
- Foodie Pro Child Theme (built-in areas for banner ads)
- Daily Dish Pro Theme (built-in areas for banner ads)
- Cafe Pro Child Theme
Are you an industry expert, consultant or professional blogger? These themes will help you look the part.
Are you an agency?
Are you going for a corporate or business feel to your site? Do you want to highlight a specific few features or products? Consider these:
- Enterprise Pro Child Theme
- Executive Pro Child Theme
- Generate Pro Theme (this has a great call-out for a newsletter subscription front and center on the home page)
Are you looking for the best StudioPress theme for ecommerce? Believe it or not, StudioPress doesn’t have one, BUT here’s an ecommerce theme for Genesis built by Web Savvy Marketing:
- Jessica (includes styles for WooCommerce, iThemes Exchange, and WP E-commerce)
Are you a church or community organization? These are great WordPress templates:
Are you a real-estate agent? Stop. Right here. This theme is made to work with seamlessly with an IDX plugin:
Are you an author or writer? Here ya go:
Are you planning a wedding, keeping the family in touch, or just sharing your creative side? Check these out:
Are you sharing a news or magazine-style site? These themes are great for highlighting articles:
- News Pro Theme (built-in areas for banner ads)
- Magazine Pro Theme (built-in areas for banner ads)
- Metro Pro (built-in areas for banner ads)
Are you a minimalist? These child themes are lean and clean:
Are you launching a new business? These themes will make your site look sharp and impressive:
(Side bar: You can use Google Analytics to see what percentage of your site traffic comes from a mobile device. Here’s a helpful article on mobile visitors if you want to learn more on that.)
Did you find one?
If you’ve ever seen a house being built, you know that even once the foundation is laid and the frame is up, the final vision is still to be realized. The Genesis Framework is everything you need to build on – you can paint the walls, choose different flooring, and upgrade the counter-tops. It’s the underlying structure that’s important.