The Genesis Framework by StudioPress is a WordPress industry standard. What does that mean!? It means that over 194,000 people and businesses (myself included) use the the Genesis Framework with WordPress to build their sites.
I talk a lot about the Genesis Framework and StudioPress child themes here on my site. Below are a few learning resources for you.
How to Select a Genesis / StudioPress Theme
- The Genesis Framework Guide for Absolute Beginners
- Picking a StudioPress Child Theme
- Which StudioPress Theme is Right for You?
- StudioPress Pro Plus All-Theme Package
- Directory of Mobile Responsive StudioPress Themes
Genesis Framework for Beginners
- Get the free guide for absolute beginners
- Up and Running with the Genesis Framework (my course at Lynda.com*)
- WordPress and Genesis DIY: Setting Up WP + Genesis (my course at Lynda.com*)
Genesis Framework Tutorials
(For Use on Any Genesis Theme)
- How to Install Typekit on Genesis
- DIY Social Sharing Buttons
- Create a Custom 404 Error Page with an HTML Sitemap
- Move Header Above the Wrap with Structural Action Hooks
- Use a Custom Sidebar on a Custom Post Type
- Get Rid of the Primary Sidebar (but Keep the Secondary!)
- How to Create an Archive Template for a Custom Post Type
- How to: Add Widget Area Below Nav
- Genesis 2.0: Archive Settings for Custom Post Types
- Create a Utility Bar Above the Header
- How to: Add a Logo to a Genesis Theme
- Customizing Themes with Genesis for WordPress (my course at Lynda.com*)
* If you’re not a Lynda.com, but would like to take the courses I mention above, here’s a free 10-day trial.