The Genesis Framework by StudioPress is the #1 WordPress theme framework. What does that mean!? It means that over 200,000 people and businesses (myself included) use the the Genesis Framework with WordPress to build their sites.
I talk a lot about the Genesis Framework and StudioPress child themes here on my site. Below are a few learning resources for you.
The small print: Most articles below contain affiliate links, which means if you click-through and buy a theme, I get a little money. I use and am 100% confident in StudioPress themes, so I feel great about recommending them to you!
How to Select a Genesis / StudioPress Theme
- The Genesis Framework Guide for Absolute Beginners
- Picking a StudioPress Child Theme
- Which StudioPress Theme is Right for You?
- StudioPress Pro Plus All-Theme Package
- Directory of Mobile Responsive StudioPress Themes
Getting Started with the Genesis Framework
- Get the free guide for absolute beginners
- A New Era for the Genesis Framework 3.0+: Recapping the Biggest Changes and How to Work with Them
- Genesis Hook Reference: A Complete List of Hooks & Filters for the Genesis Framework
Genesis Framework Tutorials
(For Use on Any Genesis Theme)
- An Introduction to Block-Based Homepages with Genesis
- How to Install Typekit on Genesis
- Create a Custom 404 Error Page with an HTML Sitemap
- Move Header Above the Wrap with Structural Action Hooks
- Use a Custom Sidebar on a Custom Post Type
- Get Rid of the Primary Sidebar (but Keep the Secondary!)
- How to Create an Archive Template for a Custom Post Type
- How to: Add Widget Area Below Nav
- Genesis 2.0: Archive Settings for Custom Post Types
- Create a Utility Bar Above the Header
- How to: Add a Logo to a Genesis Theme
My Genesis Framework Courses
These courses are available at LinkedIN Learning* (formerly Lynda.com).
* If you’re not a LinkedIN Learning subscriber, but would like to take the courses I mention above, click the banner below for a free 30-day trial.